Monday, August 28, 2017

Seventh month ......

Seventh month:

As the seventh month began on 1st July , I was still wondering why Iam not having a big bump or rather a visible bump . More than me my relatives were anxious and eager to see me with a bump and glowing face . Till seventh month more or less didn’t have to take any additional  medication. But in the first week of July developed cold and severe cough . Dr Manu advised me to take Sinarest and cold was reducing . In the meanwhile took to lot of home remedies like inhaling steam , drinking hot jeera water , gargling and drinking milk with turmeric powder . Owing to the cold I felt tired and little weak . Face also started to look tired .

As I was getting better we realised our neighbour developed Swine flu so to protect ourselves all three of us my mother , Hari and myself took vaccinations for the same .

In the 2nd week of seventh month I took my fasting and GCT test , along with haemoglobin and thyroid tests . The thyroid and haemoglobin came normal but as I feared the sugar values were slightly high . My fasting was about 105 and GCT was 159 , this was considered as a border line case for gestational diabetes I actually took the report little light , fixed up my appointment after a week with the hospital .
But later called up Mohanapriya and conveyed my values she suggested I meet the diabetologist to regulate my diet . So I immediately preponed by Dr appointment to the following day .

Seventh month check up :

The moment I entered the hospital I was anxious on how my check up would be . The nurses checked my weight unfortunately the increase was only 0.9 g I was worried, other parameters were normal . Dr Manu made me feel very comfortable told me not to worry about weight gain or bump size , she told me what matters most is the growth parameters of the babies. She checked the heart beat of the babies, they were normal .Dr  asked me to go for a full growth scan . She also saw my sugar reports and told me not to panic and meet Dr Bhaskar who would either suggest insulin or modify my diet pattern .

With all anxiety I went in for full growth scan , after the scan Dr Ravichandrika maam told me all is fine and both the babies are doing good . Dr Manu also told me growth of both the babies are on target , placenta position is better , water levels and cervix length is also normal. Babies had crossed 1kg weight . So Dr Manu asked me to maintain my diet schedule and also take enough rest and meet her on August 18 th . If all well she said we can plan the delivery in 1st week of September.

I met Dr Bhaskar who was very helpful and in about 10 days time he monitored my sugar levels , constantly kept in touch through Wats app and ensured my sugar levels were under control. I was on insulin but my numbers were good and not worry some. Slowly we crossed the month of July , completed 7 months and stepped into the most crucial 8 th month ……

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eighth month ..... the arrival of our bundle of joy

Eighth month :” The D day “ …. Arrival of the bundle of Joy : An experience of miracle : As august began anxiety also started , nights wer...