Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sixth month of Pregnancy

Journey into Parenthood Part 13 :

June 1st was when the 6th month began, and after complete bed rest for the last few months, just walking around in the house, coming and eating at the dining table with others, made me feel much better. 
But I consciously avoided going out or eating outside food as ours is a twin pregnancy and I didn't want to do anything that would cause strain or worry, which might result in a premature delivery.
Just by sitting around with Amma and my house help we cleared wardrobes and made space. This in itself was exciting. I was in touch with Harini who was recovering from child birth and enjoying her mother hood experience. She would keep giving me courage and lists on Whatsapp on how to be prepared for the babies’ arrival.
One Thursday I started jotting down a list. Though there is still a long way to go making these lists makes you feel positive. Going through the online shopping sites and making a budget for this keeps you occupied!
One more exciting development was I started practicing Carnatic Music with a portable tambura! I sang daily for about half an hour. I am just a passionate singer, definitely not the professional kind! But for me music is one way of getting closer to God .
Sixth month Check-up:

Our 6 th month check-up was on June 23rd. After we reached the hospital, my initial BP and weight measurements were taken and I was given 2nd dose of TT injection. We met Dr. Manu who told us that so far all was fine, and asked me to check GTT, thyroid and haemoglobin levels in the upcoming weeks. Dr. Manu interacted with us, removed the fear of premature deliveries, and advised us to take things lightly and be happy. The same advice was repeated by Mohanapriya! It was lovely interacting with Dr. Manu for few minutes and looking forward to taking care of ourselves and going in for the next check up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eighth month ..... the arrival of our bundle of joy

Eighth month :” The D day “ …. Arrival of the bundle of Joy : An experience of miracle : As august began anxiety also started , nights wer...